Monday, October 02, 2006

Campo Grande

Getting set at the transport hub of Western Brazil...

I HAVE arrived into the city of a Campo Grande and am awaiting departure on my trip to the Pantanal where either I, or nature, will emerge victorious. The bus journey was 14 hours from Foz do Iguacu and I didn´t sleep particularly well so nature has the immediate advantage.

Also, my muscles hurt after taking part in an intense 6-a-side football game at the last hostel. It was a complete mistake. I thought the other players would be rubbish but they were fit and fast and taking it SERIOUSLY. I possessed neither the fitness nor the ability to keep up with the play on what was a BIG pitch. After 20 minutes we were something like 8-2 down and my team stopped passing to me but all was well and we had drinks in the bar afterwards just like in the good old days of Best and Charlton et al.

So anyway I´m basically killing some time before we leave on our semi-perilous journey into the unknown (for us, I hope the guide knows the way). I may practise my Portugeuse, which is non-existant! Some useful phrases, ´Esté onibús vai para Sao Paulo´ - Is this bus going to Sao Paulo? And ´Voce falla Ingles?´ - Do you speak English?

More phrases and news next time.

No comments: